Good News! 100% Income Tax Deduction for Your 2020 Charitable Contributions
Dear Friend of RWC,
I have exciting news: the new Coronavirus Stimulus Package bill, signed into law by President Trump, increases YOUR gift to Robbinsdale Women’s Center.
If you are in a position to partner with us today, your gift will allow us to continue answering desperate calls for help from women making a pregnancy decision in the next month.
Here’s how the new law stretches your charitable giving:
- Gifts up to $300 are now 100% deductible. Until this bill passed, only those who itemized charitable gifts were able to receive a charitable deduction. Beginning now, individuals can deduct up to $300 whether or not they itemize their deductions. This deduction can be used for contributions of cash, credit card or checks (does not apply to gifts of stocks).
- Deduction for gifts above $300 was raised up to 100%. Until this bill passed, individuals could deduct up to 60% of their adjusted gross income (AGI) for charitable deductions of cash (does not include gifts of stocks). The stimulus package allows individuals to deduct up to 100% of their AGI for 2020. Supporters who use this provision must inform the IRS. This is helpful for individuals making large gift donations and could allow a person to make a charitable gift while eliminating the tax burden. Any contributions in excess of total AGI may be carried forward for up to five additional years.
Maybe you have a business that is able to support the work of Robbinsdale Women’s Center.
- Corporations now have greater incentives to make charitable gifts. Typically giving is limited to 10% of a corporation’s taxable income. The limit has been increased to 25% of the taxable income, making your charitable gifts even more effective.
Gifts can be made safely and securely online or by mailing a gift to Robbinsdale Women’s Center, 3826 W Broadway Ave, Minneapolis, MN 55422.
As we seek to continue serving our clients in whatever way possible, we are sincerely grateful for your faithful support. Please know that we lift up our partners, like yourselves, in our daily prayer time. Our prayer for you this morning is that you would stay safe, sane, and that we beat the coronavirus and get back to normal life as soon as possible! By staying apart, we stick together.
Peggy Benicke, Executive Director
Donate through PayPal
Shop Amazon and Support RWC
If you shop on Amazon, you can make your purchases go further through AmazonSmile. AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of your qualifying purchase to RWC!
How do I use AmazonSmile?
1. Go to https://smile.amazon.com/.
2. Under “Select a Charity” type in Robbinsdale Women’s Center and click “Select.”
3. Check the box next to the acknowledgement that reads “Yes, I understand that I must always start at smile.amazon.com to support RWC.”
4. Start shopping and 0.5% of your purchase will be donated to RWC!
Employee Match or Payroll Deduction
Employer matching program or payroll deduction is another convenient way to contribute. Check with your payroll manager to join their program. Some fees may apply.
Become a Monthly Partner
RWC offers free services to women through the support of individuals, churches and businesses. We do not get federal or state funding nor to we carry any debt. We believe in being good stewards with the funds received from generous donors who support our fight for life!
Donate Electronically Through Your Bank
Log into your bank account and go to “Bill Pay” or “Recurring Payments”. Set up RWC as a recipient. Choose to set up one-time or monthly giving.
If you prefer not to process donations online, contact Bookkeeping at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 763-307-8599 to give your credit card information and we will process your donation for you.
Support RWC Through an IRA Rollover
If you are taking an IRA distribution this year, you might pay more in taxes. Rolling over part of your IRA’s required minimum distribution to RWC can help your tax bill while supporting life.
If you are 70 1/2 or older and don’t need your required minimum distribution, you can make a gift of up to $100,000 this year from your IRA to help further RWC’s mission. If you’re married, you can double your IRA rollover benefits. While you won’t receive an income tax deduction, you won’t pay taxers on any distributions made to RWC.
- 70 1/2 years or older
- Direct up to $100,000 per person
- Check made out to RWC from IRA custodian
Contact your IRA administer to get started, and let your plans so we can use your gift for RWC causes that mean the most to you!
Questions? Contact Bruce Kuehl at email@example.com
Other Ways to Give
- Foundation grants
- Trusts or wills
- Event donation
Contact us to learn more about our online donation options.
RWC is a 501C3 Non-profit ministry #94-1762082.